Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fibers and Glass Lecture

The lecture from the fibers department talked about what you in do in different types of classes. There are many different classes that you can take. all of the classes have an interdisciplinary approach. There is woven sculpture which is an introduction to weaving and also being able to use the loom. another class is body art and adornment which you learn the construction of garments and using unconventional material and you also learn of the history and techniques of clothing. In general in fibers you examine every aspect of the field you work sculpturally you can weave, dye and learn to create interesting patterns and also create a solid body of work. i found this lecture really helpful since i have been thinking of majoring in fibers since i like more hands on type of projects. I hopefully will be able to take the perquisites for fibers because I really want to be able to learn how to use the looms since I think that is interesting. Next there was the glass section. the woman speaking briefly talked about some of the classes that they had. she mentioned that is a very community and team based major. In some of the classes you can do hot casting, sand casting and there is also flame working. I think that glass blowing is really interesting but I don't think i would want to major in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment